Sunday, October 29, 2017

Catching up with Jake Miller

Six shots and I'm faded...you've got a new tattoo.  Fallin' back in old habits cause that's what we do...

Dark Matter Hot Sauce has been lucky enough to collaborate with the one and only Jake Miller.

Jake was cool enough to take some time during his 2017 Back to the Start Tour to answer a few questions for us!

Our limited edition Can't Help My Sauce Jake Miller hot sauce only has 1,111 total bottles for sale.  Once they sell out the design will get retired & never be sold again.  Head over to Dark Matter Hot Sauce now to grab your bottle while you can.  *30% of all sales are donated directly to The Dear Jack Foundation.  


**Jake Miller also signed a bunch of labels and certificates for some lucky winners! All bottles are eligible to win a signed bottle.  You'll know you've won when your order arrives.
Jake Miller with Josh aka
Chicago Johnny's





Thank you to Jake for being involved in this project! 








What made you want to get involved with Dark Matter Hot Sauce? 
I've always wanted to branch out and do some kind of food product. Hot sauce is something Ive always loved and its for an amazing cause. 

How’d you come up with the name [Can’t Help My Sauce] for your hot sauce? 
My new single is called Cant Help Myself, and I can't help myself but to keep eating hot sauce. 

You were extremely involved in the entire behind the scenes process of bringing your limited edition hot sauce bottle to life.  You were also the first artist to request including a thank you note to your fans directly on the bottle.  Why was it so important for you to have that added connection to your fans?
Each limited edition hot sauce is numbered and comes
with a certificate of authentication
My fans are my everything. Anything I do, its for them. I always love showing my appreciation, since I wouldn't be here in the first place if it weren't for them.

What is your favorite food to use hot sauce on? 
Tacos

Everyone knows how difficult it is to eat food that isn’t just drive-thru food when you’re on the road.  What meal do you cook when you’re finally back in your home kitchen?
I love cooking a nice chicken, rice, and pasta dish. 

30% of sales from the hot sauce go directly to The Dear Jack Foundation, which was founded by Andrew McMahon of Something Corporate/Jack’s Mannequin.  We know you’re an Andrew fan and we’ve seen you’ve hosted Emo Nite.  How has the emo/pop punk genre had an influence on your music career? 
I grew up listening to Jacks Mannequin and a bunch of other pop punk bands. It heavily influenced my ear for music and playing instruments. That kind of music brings back the best memories. 
You’re currently an independent artist.  What has been the biggest challenge going from a label to being independent?  Or do you find that the freedom of being an independent artist outweighs the challenges that you’re facing? 
The freedom of being off a record label for the first time is so refreshing. I have no limitations for the first time ever. Of course there are some challenges and obstacles to jump over, but that makes it more fun and rewarding when I win. 

You sing a lot about where you’re from in Florida.  If you didn’t have to be based out in LA for music would you still be based back home?
I don't have to be based in LA. I love LA. Florida will always be there when I miss my friends and family, but I want to be in LA for now because its such a great place to be creative. 

What can we expect next after you wrap up the Back 2 the Start tour? 
After tour, I will make more music and tour more. Over and over again. I just want to keep doing what I'm doing, on a bigger and bigger scale. 

If you were running Dark Matter Hot Sauce who would you like to see on a limited edition bottle? 
I would like to see my dad on the next bottle ;)





No comments:

Post a Comment

Safdie Brothers Hot Sauce

Don't Wait... Josh & Benny Safdie have teamed up with Dark Matter Hot Sauce to create a peach habanero 'Final Draft'...